Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Holiday Chex Mix


Those of you who know me know that there's nothing I love more than Christmastime. Maybe that's a bit of an overstatement, but seriously. I. love. Christmas. And I also know there are people out there who don't want to think about or see anything Christmas related until after Thanksgiving, and I can respect that. That's why I decided to do this recipe as a pre-holiday post, because although it represents holidays in my mind, it isn't necessarily a holiday recipe. But it's an all time favorite of my family thanks to my Nana. And I hope to keep it going for many generations. ok, here it is:

Ingredients:
  • 5 cups chex cereal
  • 3 cups pretzels
  • 1 cup peanuts
  • 3 Tbsp butter melted
  • 1/4 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/4 tsp onion salt
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Directions:
1. Combine the cereal, pretzels, and nuts into a 9x13 inch baking pan. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and pour over cereal mixture, making sure to evenly coat the mix. Use a spoon to mix ingredients well with the "sauce." Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes, pausing every 15 mins to stir the mixture.

(The recipe actually calls for 7 cups chex cereal, 1 cup pretzels and 1 cup peanuts. I prefer more pretzels in mine, so as long as you have 9 cups total mix, feel free to change the proportions up as desired!)

No comments:

Post a Comment