- 4 baking potatoes
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk (or as needed)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 egg yolks (beaten)
- shredded cheese and bacon bits to top
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake potatoes for 1 hour or until soft, and allow to cool. Or, the super fast and easy way... cook them in the microwave in four minute intervals, flipping over after each one. Tonight, I halved the recipe, and it took 12 mins total to cook my potatoes for this first round.
2. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, gently scoop out the cooked portion and place in a mixing bowl. Try to keep the skins intact and set them aside. Add the butter, salt, pepper and sour cream to the potato mixture. Mash well, and add enough milk to make a fairly stiff mixture. Add the beaten egg yolks and mix well.
3. Place potato skins on a baking sheet and spoon potato mixture into the skins. You probably won't use all the skins. For instance, I cooked 2 potatoes, which gave me 4 skins, but after adding the mixture back into the skins I only used 3, cause I liked them to be pretty full.
4. Sprinkle some shredded cheese on top and bake for approx. 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve with bacon bits on top :)