Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Stuffed Chicken Breasts

I definitely improvised this recipe tonight; I was wanting to cook something, and I couldn't find a stuffed chicken breast recipe that I liked. This seems like a very flexible recipe, and you could add just about anything to it :) The measurements I have listed are all guesses, because I didn't actually measure anything, so adjust according to taste!

Oven to 400

Ingredients:
2 Chicken breasts, thawed
3 Tablespoons of cream cheese, softened
1 Tablespoon of Pesto (or more, to taste) OR if you do not have pesto, add some parmesan cheese, dried basil, olive oil, and garlic to a food processor with the cream cheese and blend
1 egg white
1 teaspoon of water
Bread crumbs
2 teaspoons of olive oil

Combine the cream cheese and pesto (I used a food processor, but I am sure mixing by hand would work just find). Slice the chicken breasts almost touching the other side of the breast so you have a nice opening. Stuff the cream cheese mix into the chicken breast, and press it firmly to close it. Combine the egg white and water in a bowl. Holding the chicken breast closed, dip it in the egg white mixture, and then dip it in the bread crumbs. Put the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Put the chicken breasts in the skillet until golden brown on one side (about two minutes) and then put them into a casserole dish for baking, brown side up. Bake for 20-25 minutes (until the pink is gone!)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment