- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green or red bell pepper (recipe called for red, but I used a green one)
- 2 cups pasta sauce (I used tomato and basil)
- approx. 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- linguine pasta for two
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Pound each chicken breast to approx 1/2 inch thickness using a meat mallet. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and a pinch of black pepper into a shallow pan.
2. Dip each breast into the egg wash, then into the breading mixture. Place chicken breasts into a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
3. While baking the chicken, saute the chopped bell pepper with 1 teaspoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once sauteed, add 2 cups pasta sauce and stir. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Remove chicken from oven, pour pasta sauce over chicken and top with mozzarella cheese and cook for additional 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
5. Serve over linguine pasta.