Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Honey & Milk Balls

Hmmm... Doesn't that look like a tasty tower? These little snack balls are made from 4 simple ingredients and please everyone from my toddler to my husband. My daughter got excited just seeing the picture.

Ingredients:
1/2 C. creamy peanut butter
1/2 C. honey (I find that local honey is the tastiest)
1 C. oats
1 C. non-fat powdered milk (I use powdered soy milk to make these lactose-free)

Throw it all in a bowl. These are the messy ingredients before mixing.


Mix well. Roll into bite-sized balls. Refrigerate for best results. These do NOT need cooked. Just eat and enjoy!

*Hint: This is hard to mix with a spoon so you might as well get down and dirty!
*Hint #2: This is a good toddler snack but it is not recommended to feed honey to children under 1 year old. Then of course you have to beware of peanut allergy.

2 comments:

  1. totally making these today with simon. pretty sure he'd love to eat them. considering letting him help me mix them too, although i'll probably find peanut butter in very strange places afterwards...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound amazing! Maybe we will make these when Juliana goes to sleep!

    ReplyDelete